Mis Sold Financial Products

Contact us

Our phone lines are open

Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm


We are closed on Bank Holidays

Our phone lines are open

Request a callback

You can file for compensation if you are unhappy with the product sold to you from a financial company. This means, that if you were advised to make an investment which wasn’t suitable for you from the beginning then you can file a complaint against the bank or the financial adviser for mis-sold financial products.

The proper way would have been to disclose the pros and cons of the investment and tell you beforehand if any high risks were involved.

Legal assist can help you claim your lost finances with the help of a financial mis-selling solicitor.

What to understand about financial mis-selling?

  • You can still apply for compensation if it is clear that you lost your money or not. What matters is if you were delivered a poor product for example an investment that wasn’t in your best interest.
  • You cannot, however, criticise merely because you lost your money because investments can go both ways. You win or lose money but the complaint is acceptable if you weren’t told about the high risks of the product.
  • Mis-Selling doesn’t stop here, you have a valid case of mis-selling if you were mis-sold a mortgage or life insurance or protection product.

What is involved in financial mis-selling?

Financial mis-selling includes several mis-selling and illegal schemes as well as getting compensated for poor-quality products. You can have a better idea after reading some of the popular examples down below,

Pension mis-selling – This involves self-interest personal pension (SIPP), getting poor advice on Investing your pension.
Investment mis-selling – getting poor advice in investing in a high-risk project such as overseas property, storage pods etc.
Non-compliant – Consists of illegal tax mitigation schemes.
Mortgage mis-selling – mis-selling of mortgages, especially the ones which have reached their retirement age.
Poor product – Getting a faulty or wrong product from the bank or product company.

You can discuss more about your mis-sold finances with us, and our team will choose the best option to proceed with your case.

No win No fee

Our panel solicitors can handle your case on a no win, no fee basis which means there’s nothing to pay upfront and nothing to pay if your case is unsuccessful.

If your case is successful, our panel solicitors take between 25%- 50% from your awarded compensation. This varies amongst our panel members and will be dependent on the law firm we recommend you to as well as your claim type.

Full terms & conditions will be included in your solicitor’s agreement so please read this carefully and speak to them if you are unsure of anything before signing. For more information, please visit our No win No fee page.

Request a callback from our team

Clinical, Medical & Dental Negligence

If you had an elective surgery such as a total hip, knee or shoulder replacement, a complex trauma surgery or even a simple procedure which has gone terribly wrong, or perhaps you were misdiagnosed or your conditions worsened significantly after medical intervention, there may be grounds to make a claim for any malpractice which has caused injury, adverse effects, suffering or loss. This also includes child birth too. Negligence and breach cases come in many forms which can be genuine but costly mistakes, poor medical standards, or a serious breach of duty which can impact a patient’s health, safety, appearance, and wellbeing. Legal Assist has a dedicated panel of medical negligence solicitors which are specialists in complicated negligence matters. They have helped claimants all over the UK claim the compensation they deserve against the public and private health sectors. You can start a medical negligence claim within 3 years of finding out about the negligence or breach, or if you were a child at the time of the treatment, you have 3 years from the date of your 18th Birthday to make a claim.

Housing Disrepair

If you are a housing association or local council tenant that’s experiencing disrepair such as damp, mould, structural defects, and leaks in your home, Legal Assist has a panel of law firms which specialise in housing disrepair claims so you can seek the repairs and compensation you may be entitled to. Our panel members are experienced professionals ready to tackle any challenges you face. 

Call our experts today on

Request a callback from our team