Marriage Tax Allowance Claims

Contact us

Our phone lines are open

Monday-Friday 8:30am-6:00pm


We are closed on Bank Holidays

Request a callback

If you are a couple and have been paying your taxes, then a marriage tax allowance can help you release some major stress by getting compensated. We understand that paying regular taxes is hard and any little bit of help can help release some pressure.

Most people are still unaware of this allowance or are hesitant to claim it. Let us guarantee that this is not a hassle. This allowance is designed to help couples like you and gladly legal assist has helped hundreds of couples get compensated through their marriage tax allowance claim.

Eligibility for Marriage Tax Allowance Claims

Marriage tax allowance claim has been operating since 6th April 2015 and the number of married couples getting compensated just keeps on growing. What you need to understand: If you have a claim, you should be able to reinstate it by at least four years.

Let’s have a look at your eligibility for a marriage tax allowance.

  • You have to be married or in a civil partnership
  • One of you has to be earning between £12,500 and £50,000.
  • And one of you is earning less than £12,500.

Contact us today and our legal experts will help you with your burning question and will help you understand your eligibility for this allowance.

Can you still claim if you're divorced?

Sadly if you are divorced, that makes you ineligible for the claim. If you are already taking the compensation for the tax then it is better to inform the government about this change as this is quite the same as if your salary has increased or decreased.

If you are dealing with such complexities then legal assist can help you with it.

No win No fee

Our panel solicitors can handle your case on a no win, no fee basis which means there’s nothing to pay upfront and nothing to pay if your case is unsuccessful.

If your case is successful, our panel solicitors take between 25%- 50% from your awarded compensation. This varies amongst our panel members and will be dependent on the law firm we recommend you to as well as your claim type.

Full terms & conditions will be included in your solicitor’s agreement so please read this carefully and speak to them if you are unsure of anything before signing. For more information, please visit our No win No fee page.

Request a callback from our team

Clinical, Medical & Dental Negligence

If you had an elective surgery such as a total hip, knee or shoulder replacement, a complex trauma surgery or even a simple procedure which has gone terribly wrong, or perhaps you were misdiagnosed or your conditions worsened significantly after medical intervention, there may be grounds to make a claim for any malpractice which has caused injury, adverse effects, suffering or loss. This also includes child birth too. Negligence and breach cases come in many forms which can be genuine but costly mistakes, poor medical standards, or a serious breach of duty which can impact a patient’s health, safety, appearance, and wellbeing. Legal Assist has a dedicated panel of medical negligence solicitors which are specialists in complicated negligence matters. They have helped claimants all over the UK claim the compensation they deserve against the public and private health sectors. You can start a medical negligence claim within 3 years of finding out about the negligence or breach, or if you were a child at the time of the treatment, you have 3 years from the date of your 18th Birthday to make a claim.

Housing Disrepair

If you are a housing association or local council tenant that’s experiencing disrepair such as damp, mould, structural defects, and leaks in your home, Legal Assist has a panel of law firms which specialise in housing disrepair claims so you can seek the repairs and compensation you may be entitled to. Our panel members are experienced professionals ready to tackle any challenges you face. 

Call our experts today on

Request a callback from our team